I'm seeing how my life can change by using a resolution chart. To catch up on the conversation, check out this post: Getting to Where You Want to Be. Also, you can click on the "Resolutions" category on the right hand side of this page to see last week's resolution chart.
Without further ado, here's the chart for the week ending August 1, 2010:
As you can see, I did pretty well this week. EXCEPT, I forgot to write in my gratitude journal almost every day! I actually did write in it on July 26, but I forgot to give myself a star. I am disappointed about that because my gratitude journal is one of the foundations of my learning to live with a consciousness of abundance rather than a consciousness of poverty (more about this on Finance Friday). I believe it's much more important for me to write in that journal than do almost anything else in my day, and yet, I found myself caught up in the mundane.
This week with the resolution chart was a little more tedious. Not as much fun. Here's why:
- My printer broke and I couldn't get the chart printed until Friday. I had to keep track of the 'stars' on a separate sheet of paper. Filling in all the stars on Saturday seemed to defeat the purpose.
- Many of the things on my chart are general upkeep items. They are things that if I didn't do (e.g., clean the bathroom, vacuum) I would be unhappy, but I am at a place in my life where I don't allow the house to get to a point where I can't stand it. These 'stars' felt false to me, somehow.
I've decided to change up my chart a bit for next week based on what I learned this week, and based on what I know is coming up in my life:
- Removing all the general housecleaning stuff.
- Adding "Do a kindness for someone every day."
- Moving "Kriya and Meditation" to the top.
Let's see how this week goes. I am going to be traveling back to my hometown tomorrow and staying there for about 10 days. This will be real test of my commitment to my resolutions!